SAP Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM) constitutes a set of software applications and processes that supports in adding value to the management systems of organizations. Through SEM, an organization is able to implement various management operations with minimum effort. It enables the organization executives in proper planning, data analysis, monitoring different functions and effective communication with regard to different facets of the organization and optimization of information.
SAP SEM plays the most important role in creating the motivation or drive for betterment of the organization that helps to face new business challenges. Through effective data analysis it creates the drive to make higher profits and helps to increase the market value of the product. It works equally in making the organization realize the significance of motivation at the time creating new motivating factors. It instills proper value to the organizational culture helping in making wise decisions. It also helps in distinguishing between the value adding functional units and the not so value adding units; the value of which is reflected in annual turnover, profit margins, working capitals, equities, assets etc.
1. With SAP SEM it is very convenient to generate consolidated financial and managerial reports for an organization that has units spread out globally. It can accumulate data from all SAP and non-SAP applications and provide a single reporting environment which is very helpful in monitoring and tracking the financial positions of the different units.
2. Various modules of SAP SEM also help in forecasting, budgeting, planning that helps in cost controlling at different centers and sales promotion, also providing due support to the traditional planning methods including collaboration planning.
3. With SAP SEM one can adopt various scorecard methodologies using KPI's that also consists of a balanced scorecard and activity based costing methods. The strategic and the operational plans can also be linked to produce scorecards and a measure of performance based on data that may be financial or any other relevant data.
4. The SAP SEM enables ones to analyze and identify the risk factors involved in the business and also provides the support in efficiently managing and minimizing the risk factors.
5. SAP SEM also plays an important role in communication that helps in the connecting and organizing the business thoroughly. By ably combining the historic ideas and the predictions it produces the real value management. The management ideas are created by analysis as well by comparing various data generating well defined plan valuable in defining targets.
1. Due to better planning and forecasting there is betterment in aligning the strategies and operations providing convenience to run the business.
2. The risk factors are reduced greatly that helps to face the challenges better resulting in better profit margins.