SAP can provide ERP solution to small, mid sized and large organizations. It suits the requirements of industries in sectors - process manufacturing, discrete manufacturing, consumer goods, and government - non government sector and finance. It has a highly featured Supply Chain Management System and workflow control management, which makes it suitable for manufacturing companies. Its products can meet the requirements of both front office and back office jobs. It is considered that SAP provides highly customized solution which can suit diverse requirements of organizations but implementation of ERP may take a long time and it can be very expensive as compared to other leading ERPs of market.
1. It provides transparent and flexible application which can be controlled easily by the technical department.
2. The software suits the requirements of an organization if it does not suffer from any kind of operation issue.
3. MySAP provides complete reengineering systems and makes the job easier by automating many minute functions.
4. It helps the management team to take fast and efficient decisions.
5. It helps in reducing costs and risks.
1. It provides highly flexible solution which can suit the requirements of financial organizations, distribution and manufacturing. It can provide a flexible ad easy accounting system .It also includes CRM, HRM and work flow management.
2. The system also supports Microsoft SQL Server as database and it can use Microsoft Windows as operating system.
3. The CRM of the software includes contact management, service management and sales force management system. To use the features of CRM one may have to integrate it to Microsoft Outlook.
The R/3 software product was launched in 2002 and it offers three-tier distributed architecture which can allow it to function independently of the database system and the database can be structured in layers to allow multiple business logics.
The three layers were built on the top of the Web Application Server and enabled the software to deliver new features. The Web Application Server had the capabilities of Basis and it could address the requirements of the many different types of companies. The change in architecture was made in 2004 with the introduction of mySAP.
1. It provides in-depth features and it is highly flexible in providing functionalities.
2. It is extremely configurable and it can provide automation of business processes and workflow.
3. It provides highly scalable solution which can suit the companies that have global branches across the globe.
SAP and Oracle shared almost 50% of the ERP market and both the companies are considered highly reliable and efficient provider of automation solution.
1. SAP update can be seen at one place to make it effective globally.
2. It can provide real time information without errors.
3. In comparison to Oracle, SAP customers are more satisfied with the solution. SAP is considered good for large organizations but it is not the best product for small and mid sized companies which have only one or two units.
1. It provides highly complex solution in implementation and post implementation phase.
2. It has a high cost of acquisition and even the maintenance cost is very heavy.
3. ROI may take long time to get.
4. The risk of failure in SAP is high.
5. It has a high risk of implementation and time of deployment is more than Oracle.