Oracle markets a number of applications Oracle E-Business, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards Enterprise One and JD Edwards World. Oracle E-Business Suite contains Financials, CRM, HRMS and other modules of ERPs. The CRM solution Siebel provided a robust sales and marketing product which has been implemented in more than 20 large industries of the world.
Implementation at United Nations: United Nations agreed to implement the software at all its branches across the globe to achieve the aim to work harder to reach masses and to improve its market base.
Sun Microsystems and Oracle together form a powerful combination to provide a strong global provider of application and server. It also saves lots of expense on servers.
It has been adopted by a number of industries in financials, healthcare, manufacturing and technology sector. It is a software which provides compete automation service including automation of sales, service, marketing, financial, supply chain, manufacturing and HR. It is a fast ERP package which can provide complete 360 degree view of work flow in finance, customer records and supply chains. The software enables easy and fast decision making to promote competitiveness.
The merger between Oracle and PeopleSoft has further improved the market of both the companies. PeopleSoft is considered best in providing internet based solutions and it can meet many complex requirements of industries. It can provide multi vendors and customized solution to suit localized requirements.
1. It provides solution for educational institutions such as schools and universities, which is called Campus solution. The products suit the need of global institutions.
2. The CRM product of PeopleSoft improves sales and service and provides complete satisfaction to the customers.
3. The financial modules are internet based.
4. HRM and Service automation are equally competitive and highly featured.
It provides e-business solution and automates the process of sales and marketing processes. It provides features to access information and its clients include companies having sales through call centre, field service and marketing. The software can be accessed from global locations and Seibel enables easy and fast sales of products, and it also helps in resolving customer issues efficiently.
JD Edwards Enterprise One
JD Edwards introduced web based solution in 2001 and the latest version has the XML based system. Later an Oracle Fusion middleware was formed which enable the ERP software to communicate to Third party applications. It provides a number of integrated systems and one can select the databases, hardware and OS depending on the need. It also offers modules to support easy business operations.
Advantages of Oracle
1. Reliability: More than 28% of organizations believe in its credibility.
2. Implementation time: It has a low implementation time of average 18.6 months as compared to average of 20 months of other software.
3. Cost: The cost of implementation is 25% less than SAP.
4. Customer satisfaction: It provides high customer satisfaction of 76%.
1. Its products are not preferred by small and midsized organization because its average TCO is $12.6 million.
2. The satisfaction level for eBusiness Suite, JD Edwards, and PeopleSoft is not very high.