Dynamics AX is Microsoft Axapta and it is designed for mid sized and large organization. It supports features such as multi currency, multi language, and it provides a strong manufacturing module and e-business solution. It is also suitable for wholesale and service industry. Axapta architecture includes a database server to store data, the file server to include the application files, application objects layer and the client - the user interface where the user gives instructions. Axapta is common Microsoft ERP solution used by organizations in Europe and North America.
Dynamics AX features
1. Familiar User Interface: It works like Microsoft software, therefore, the user interface is familiar and it can be configured along with other Microsoft products. The software can be easily integrated to many other products or the familiar working environment makes it easy to for the users to learn the system.
2. Customization: It can support customization features and it has many extended features. The manufacturing and inventory modules have many options; therefore, the software meets the requirements of many different types of companies. For example: The inventory modules has warehouse storage, buffer storage, locations, shelves, forklifts, inbound docking and many other advanced options. It allows the users to use software to record complex functionalities.
3. Strong: Axapta is strong because it provides multiple functions and fast solution. Its transaction time is less, although, numerous customizations can make the software heavy. The supply chain management can be easily optimized and it also helps the processes to be streamlined.
4. Integrated system: It uses only one business login and source code, and only one database and tool box to function. Therefore, the user can track the flow of information related to a customer.
5. Scalability: It has been tested for scalability and integration and it can process as many as 315,000 sales orders in an hour. It can use any database either Oracle or SQL server.
6. Low cost: As compared to other ERP products of the market it provides a low cost option.
7. E-commerce: The online features of Axapta promote easy sales and marketing. It supports multi-language and multi currency features, and therefore it has been installed by global organizations. It has been deployed across many countries.
8. Connect to partners: It can easily enable the organization to connect to its partners across the borders and one can track the sales, and it can be integrated to other ERP products to get additional features.
9. Improved features: Its financial module has been improved to provide additional features such as web-based analytical processing and global automation. The new features that have been added to improve the system are cost accounting, service management, expense management, shop floor control, HR management and environment management. One can now easily management multi currency dimensions and categorize data in dept and see the analysis of the financial data across various departments, regions, cost centers and product lines.
Axapta can provide a number of features but heavy customization can sometimes make the software heavy and difficult to handle. It is not suitable for small sized organization.